Episode 2: What's the Big Deal about the Bible?
What makes the Bible so incredible and unique from any other book in history? Is it really worth basing our whole lives upon it?
- The Bible has 66 individual books. There are 39 in the Old Testament and 27 in the New Testament.
- These books were written by 40 different authors from kings, to scholars, to fishermen and even a cupbearer.
- The Bible was written over a period of roughly 2,000 years.
- It was written in three different languages: Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, and from three different continents: Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- It also contains hundreds of prophesies that have all been perfectly fulfilled in history.
Think of it this way: The Bible is 66 DIFFERENT BOOKS, yet all of them contain a unified message with no contradictions. Can you imagine going to a book store and finding 66 different books, by 40 different authors, written over a span of 2000 years, that would all contain the same theme and message and no contradictions. That would be crazy! Yet, this is the Bible!